The Youth in Business programme will equip you with the necessary skills to improve and grow your business to become economically sustainable. Get an in depth, hands-on learning experience of the tech tools available to aid in the growth and development of your business.
Venue: Bandwidth Barn Khayelitsha, Lookout Hill Programme
Starts: January 2020
Applications close: 20 December 2019
Benefit from a network of highly skilled facilitators and mentors with real experience. The programme allows you to become successful entrepreneurs by providing you with a platform to implement efficient systems and processes through the effective usage of tech products and services that enable growth, sustainability and the room to scale.
The Youth in Business programme will consist of the following:
• 10 weekly sessions – 1 x 2 – 3 hours session a week at the Bandwidth Barn Khayelitsha.
As part of the programme, you will be introduced to an extensive, tailored range of powerful online and digital programmes and platforms to support your business activities.
The areas covered include admin, finance & accounting & tax, e-commerce plugins, graphic design, document management, digital marketing & social media, HR & personality profiling, project management & project communication, legal advice, payments & banking apps.
• An online programme that will run for 10 months to help you improve your entrepreneurial skills and build your business.
• Networking opportunities with other businesses, industry experts and coaches to assist you in growing your business.
• Invitations to ecosystem events and networking opportunities. Cost The programme is fully funded by the Department of Economic Development and Tourism and there is no cost to participate. Selection criteria To qualify for the Youth in Business programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Entrepreneurs must be aged between 18 and 35
• Business must be 100% Black youth-owned
• Business must be operational (not in ideation phase)
• Entrepreneurs must reside in the following locations: Khayelitsha, Mitchells Plain, Mfuleni, Philippi and Langa, Delft, Eeste river, Macasssar and surrounding areas
• Must have a desire to learn and introduce technology into their business
• Must commit to the full YIB Programme (2-hour weekly training over 10 weeks, followed by 10-month online course).
How to apply Young entrepreneurs who would like to take part in the Youth in Business programme must submit their applications on the Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative’s website www.citi.org.za or like and follow the Khayelitsha Bandwidth Barn Facebook page for news and updates on the programme.
After your application is received, you will be invited to a telephonic or/and an in-person interview, which will determine if you are selected to take part in the programme.